Press release (12/08/2010)
MokaFive Suite 3.0 Cuts Time & Cost of Windows 7 Migrations
Virtual Desktop Management Solution Now Supports Easy Windows 7 Migration, Unparalleled Security and MSP-Ready Edition Availability
REDWOOD CITY, Calif.—Dec. 8, 2010—MokaFive™, the virtual desktop management company, today announced the release of MokaFive Suite 3.0, which introduces full support for Windows 7, improved security features and multi-tenant capabilities for managed service providers. MokaFive Suite 3.0 presents a high performance, secure and cost-effective alternative to VDI.
“Windows 7 migration and securing the mobile workforce are two of the biggest challenges facing IT administrators and service providers today. MokaFive addresses these core challenges with MokaFive Suite 3.0,” said Simon Bramfitt, a leading independent industry analyst. "Unlike some other solutions, MokaFive's focus on the security of the virtual desktop has resulted in a solution that provides the greatest possible protection against external malware that might otherwise attack or snoop on the secure session.”
New Benefits and Key features of MokaFive Suite 3.0 include:
- Easy Windows 7 Migration – Windows 7 virtual desktops are now fully supported, across all MokaFive features such as user-installed applications, VPN integration, and universal printing. By encapsulating Windows 7 into a virtual desktop, customers can now remotely deploy Windows 7 without a deskside visit. And, if necessary, users can run legacy XP applications on the host environment, avoiding any Windows 7 compatibility issues.
- Integrated Security – MokaFive has partnered with security leader AVG® to provide a built-in anti-malware scan to enable use of personal devices for business. With MokaFive Suite 3.0 enterprises can enable secure execution of the virtual desktop even on unprotected personal machines by ensuring that these machines are free of malware.
- Service Provider Edition – MokaFive Suite Service Provider Edition enables MSPs to provide desktop management from the cloud by offering managed service providers true multi-tenancy, golden image management tools and consolidated cross-tenant reporting. Service Providers can now provide managed desktop services with a shared infrastructure that is lightweight and easily scalable.
“MokaFive Suite 3.0 is a significant milestone and is built based on extensive feedback and best practices gleaned from real customer deployments,” said Dale Fuller, President and CEO of MokaFive. Proven in the field over the last two years, MokaFive Suite enables distributed virtual desktops that run on local machines but are centrally managed. MokaFive’s desktop management capabilities make it easy for IT administrators to create, deliver, secure and update a fully contained virtual environment, via MokaFive LivePC, to thousands of users.
“We’ve had MokaFive in production for two years now, and I’m supporting users with either a Mac or a PC,” said Phillip Hoare, CIO of Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati, a well-known global law firm serving technology, life sciences, and growth enterprises. “In addition, we have streamlined application and patch updates, and, with MokaFive’s rejuvenation capability, users can resolve desktop corruption issues themselves. Bottom line, user satisfaction is higher and my staff is more effective.”
- Get a personalized TCO Analysis
- Register for a free MokaFive Suite trial
- Read the MokaFive blog
- Follow @mokafive on Twitter
MokaFive has developed an end-to-end desktop management solution that harnesses the power of virtualization to fundamentally change the way enterprises control and manage mobile endpoints to achieve cost reduction, risk mitigation and business alignment. To learn more, visit www.mokafive.com.
“BYOD is expected to become the preferred model for endpoints for organizations.”
—Andre Clarke, New Zealand Country Manager
Frost & Sullivan
MokaFive @ a Glance.
MokaFive creates a highly-elastic enterprise perimeter where user data and applications are delivered as simply-managed and highly-secure workspaces to popular end-user devices.
M5 Enterprise AnyWare delivers:
- Un-tethered, device-aware, and secure access on public and private networks
- Centralized management of image and policies
- Standardized single image, yet layered with customized apps and data
- Single click recovery from malware and virus attacks
- Online and offline access, as well as out-of-band management